I want to add a column to the model, but I do not want to add it to the database. What do I do?
We have created the Extension container functionality for that. To use this functionality you need to:
- Add the Extensions (or any other name) field of the
nvarchar(max)type to the table.
- Add a column to the model and specify its name in the Extension container field.
- Add attributes with the Extension flag.
After that, all attributes with the Extension flag will be serialized and stored in the Extension container in the JSON format.
- DWKit ORM fully supports such columns; however, you may encounter difficulties when directly accessing these fields through the database server.
- This functionality works in MS SQL Server 2017+ and PostgreSQL 9.5+.
See detailed instruction about Extensions here