Client side development
In this section we will discuss how to write client code for DWKit forms.
Where to write client code for DWKit forms?
How to write client form code in DWKit? Where to begin?
We recommend the following order of actions.
- Read the Client Architecture section. Pay most attention to
the client actions and global state subsection. There are two most important aspects
- There is a large object in the client side of DWKit, which defines client app state. All form components display this state.
- DWKit form code changes this large state object. And thus you can control the whole app from this code.
- Briefly look through the Global state of the client application section, to understand where everything is located.
- Read manual on writing Client Actions.
- Start writing code.
You can also:
- Read the Predefined Client Actions section, to get an idea which actions have already been written.
- Read the Global client API section, to learn about helper functions in the system.
Do I need to know React, ES6 and other new technologies to write client code in DWKit?
How difficult is it to call server code from client?
It is not difficult, it is easy! You only need to write server code, using this manual and select server action you need from the dropdown list in Form Builder. DWKit will do the rest for you. You won't even have to write your own controllers.